This book is in development
Collaborative Software Design
How to facilitate domain modeling decisions
Good practices, collaboration tools, and effective techniques for incorporating your key stakeholders into the software design process.
In Collaborative Software Design:
How to facilitate domain modeling decisions, you’ll learn how to:
- Prepare and facilitate collaborative modeling sessions with tools such as Business Model Canvas, Event Storming, Example Mapping, and Wardley Mapping
- Pick and apply heuristics for modeling software design
- Structure, visualize, and make sustainable software design decisions
- Best practices for getting all needed insight from the group
- Dealing with resistance
- Create awareness around biases and ranking during a modeling session
- Best practices for following up after a modeling session
- Document the session and report to stakeholders
Don’t spend months building the wrong software! Collaborative Software Design: How to facilitate domain modeling decisions is a unique and practical guide for effectively involving all stakeholders in the design of software. It combines tried-and-tested collaborative modeling tools such as Event Storming and domain storytelling with vital skills to overcome rank, mitigate cognitive bias, and resolve conflicts. Best of all, collaborative modeling makes it easy for software teams to design software directly with their stakeholders—no need to rely on a centralized or top-down design.